German container line Hapag-Lloyd plans to convert one of its 15,000 TEU vessels from heavy fuel oil to LNG operations in the biggest project of its kind so far. Depending on the results of the pilot scheme, a series of further ultra-large ship conversions could be launched. In total, Hapag owns 17 ships considered to be »LNG ready« which could be retrofitted relatively easy.
In his keynote at this year’s HANSA-Forum, the carrier’s COO Anthony Firmin will outline the company’s strategy for compliance with the global 0.5% sulphur cap on marine fuels and for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions further into the future. Conversions to LNG operations are estimated to cost 20-25 mill. $ per ship. Could this also be an option for tramp shipowners who are chartering their ships to Hapag-Lloyd or to other carriers? Will long-term charter employment become available to justify such investments?
Shipowners, ship investors, charterers and cargo owners – all of them could have a lot to win or a lot to lose as new marine fuel regulations come in.
Hear it, see it – join the strategic shipping debate at this year’s HANSA Forum!
Look forward to an impressive line-up of speakers:
- Keynote: Anthony Firmin, COO, Hapag-Lloyd
- Ian Beveridge, CEO, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
- Joep Gorgels, Global Head Transportation and Logistics Clients, ABN Amro
- Erik Helberg, CEO, Clarksons Platou Securities
- Tim Kent, Technical Director, Marine and Offshore, Lloyd’s Register
- Thomas Björn Larsen, Senior Vice President, Head Skuld Hamburg
- Susanne Mertens, Senior Consultant, Silverton Maritime Solutions
- Svend Stenberg Mølholt, Group COO, Monjasa
- Jens Christian Nielsen, Managing Director, Frachtcontor Junge
- Otto Schacht, Executive Vice President Sea Logistics, Kühne & Nagel
- Marcus Schärer, Global Marketing Manager, Shell Marine
- Swen Scholtyssek, Partner, KPMG Law
- Dominik Stehle, Executive Vice President, deugro Group
- Sverre Bjorn Svenning, Global Head of Research, Fearnleys
- tba, Danish Ship Finance
- Christoph Toepfer, Director Australis Maritime
- Clemens Toepfer, Managing Director, Toepfer Transport
- Tobias Zehnter, Global Head Ship Finance, NordLB
Join us to network and mingle with hundreds of colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere with cocktails and food in the splendid surroundings of the Sofitel Hotel. With more than 450 high-level delegates from ship owners and managers, banks, investors, brokers to advisors and other service providers, the HANSA Forum has proven to be one of the must-attend shipping conferences around the world – now in its 22nd year.